Maca Cacao Nibs Cookie by Nellie
Makes 6 cookies
Highlights of this recipe:
- Can be a sugar free, dairy free, gluten free and lactose free cookie.
- Using superfoods such as Maca and Cacao Nibs sweetened by Yacon Powder.
- Yacon Powder does not raise blood sugar levels and only has 5 calories per teaspoon.
- Maca helps with mood and hormonal balancing, improves sexual health and endurance, and gives skin more glow.
- Maca can be used in smoothies, juices, raw energy balls, soups, stews or can simply be mixed with coffee/tea/milk and other spices.
- Cacao Nibs are a great sugar free substitute for chocolate chips.
- Cacao Nibs can be used in trail mix, baked goods, coffee and smoothies, ice cream or simply as a snack.
- 1 cup coconut oil OR 1 cup/stick Irish Butter (You can do 1/2 cup of each to have the best of both worlds)
- 1/2 cup Yacon Powder OR 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Maca Powder (Use Code: Sweet20 for 20% Off)
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Cacao Nibs (Use Code: Sweet20 for 20% Off)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour OR 1 cup white whole wheat flour OR 1 cup gluten free flour (The amount of each flour will depend on the stickiness of the dough, refer to directions)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (F).
- In a medium bowl, mix the butter with vanilla extract and sugar until smooth cream forms.
- Add in the Maca powder and Cocoa powder and mix well.
- Slowly add in the flour and mix and make sure no clumps form. If the dough is sticking to the bowl, add more flour in 1/3 cup increments.
- Add in the cacao nibs and mix using a spatula.
- Wrap the dough and place in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- Using a cookie cutter or your hands, make small round shaped cookies and place them in the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes.