Black Bean and Quinoa Tacos
Total Preparation & Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
- Olive oil: 1 teaspoon
- Chopped onion: 1
- Tomato sauce: 16 ounces
- Water: 1 1/2 cups
- Quinoa: 1/2 cup
- Cacao morning powder: 2 tablespoons
- Taco seasoning mixture: 1 ounce
- Black beans (drained and rinsed): 29 ounces
- Tomatoes: 1/2 cup diced
- Cilantro: 1/4 cup chopped
- 1 Avocado: chopped
- 1/2 cup yogurt, sour cream, or vegan alternative for topping
- Heat extra-virgin olive oil in a saucepan over medium flame and stir onion to cook for almost 5 – 10 minutes, until translucent.
- Add taco seasoning, cacao powder, quinoa, water and tomato sauce in onion and decrease heat.
- Cover this pan and let it simmer for almost 15 minutes.
- Stir in black beans and simmer for almost 5 minutes more.
- Fold in tomatoes and cilantro.
- Serve in tortillas and top with avocado and yogurt.