Cacao Nib Cookies
Total Preparation & Cooking Time: 1 hour
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour or flour alternative
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter or butter alternative, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, or coconut sugar
- 2 cup cacao nibs or more to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar, or lucuma powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 pecans, crushed (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 165 C/325 F. Line in the cookie sheets with the parchment paper or lightly grease them.
- Sift flour together with the baking soda & salt; set aside.
- Cream the melted butter together with the white sugar and brown sugar until well blended in a medium size bowl.
- Beat in the egg yolk, egg and vanilla until light & creamy.
- Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Using a wooden spoon; stir in the cacao nibs. Drop approximately 1/4 cup of the cookie dough onto the already prepared cookie sheets, preferably 3” apart. Bake in the preheated oven until the edges are lightly toasted, for 15 to 17 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.