Cacao Quinoa Chili
Total Preparation & Cooking Time: 55 Minutes
- Red Quinoa Grains: 2 cups
- Olive oil: 1 tablespoon
- Diced onion: 1
- Minced garlic: 4 cloves
- Diced tomatoes: 3 cups
- Tomato sauce: 15-ounce
- Vegetable broth: 2 cups
- Diced green chili: 1 cup
- Chili powder: 2 1/2 tablespoons
- Ground cumin: 1 tablespoon
- Cacao morning powder: 1 tablespoon
- Paprika: 1 tablespoon
- Honey: 1 tablespoon
- Cayenne pepper: 1/2 teaspoon
- Pepper and salt: 1 Dash
- Kidney beans (rinsed and drained): 60 ounces
- Black beans (rinsed and drained): 15 ounces
- Corn: 15 ounces
- Chopped cilantro: 1/2 cup
- Juiced lime: 1
- Cook quinoa as per instructions given on the package.
- Set one large pot over medium heat and cook garlic and onion in extra-virgin olive oil to tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, cooked quinoa, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, sugar, paprika, cacao, cumin, chili powder, green chili and broth.
- Let this mixture boil and decrease heat to simmer this mixture. Cover this pot and let it simmer for almost 20 minutes.
- Mix in lime juice, cilantro, corn and beans and cook for extra 10 minutes. Serve hot.