Maca Coconut Macaroons
Total Preparation & Cooking Time: 1 hour & 20 Minutes
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- ⅓ cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. Gelatinized Maca Powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. butter or coconut oil, melted
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup melted dark chocolate (optional)
- Whisk egg whites together with salt for couple of minutes, until stiff. Add in the vanilla, honey, Maca, coconut & melted coconut oil.
- Carefully fold into the egg whites. To develop more flavors, let the mixture to rest in a refrigerator for a minimum period of half an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F/175 C. Gently spoon in approximately 1 tbsp. scoops on to parchment paper lined a baking sheet.
- Bake until just starting to brown, for 10 to 12 minutes
- Dip bottoms in melted chocolate if desired